Lynne Milligan (UK)
Name:Lynne Milligan (UK)
- Job Title/Company:Customer Services Director/ Arriva Trains Wales
- Qualifications:BA (Hons) Sociology
- Career:early career in frontline customer service roles, moved to vocational training and HR, now back in Customer Service
- Why did you choose to work for the rail industry?:I came to the industry by accident, looking for temporary work. It was so varied and the work was so exciting – I stayed!
- What inspired you at the time and what influenced your choice?:It was not a conscious choice at the time, however the industry offers a wide range of careers. I’ve had many interesting roles and worked with many inspirational people.
- How does it feel to be in the rail industry? Are your expectations fulfilled?:I have had a very fulfilling career – and I have never been bored!
- What are the challenges?:It can be a tough environment as our service runs round the clock. It can be hard to switch off as I want us to run the perfect service.
- What is a talent? Why the rail industry should engage with talents?:Talent is… being the best you can be... combining energy, skills and motivation… talents inspire more talent.