Matheus de Oliveira Lima (Brazil)
Name:Matheus de Oliveira Lima (Brazil)
- Job Title/Company:Railway Inspection Engineer
- Qualifications:M.Sc. in Civil Engineering, UIUC (USA)
- Career:I have started my career at a young firm offering track inspection services to the railway industry in Brazil. Additionally, I manage a platform for technical knowledge about the Brazilian railway industry:www.UniversidadeFerroviaria.com.br
- Why did you choose to work for the rail industry?:I strongly believe in a prosper future for my country. A more robust railway system is the first step to alleviate traffic in highly congested roadways and increase logistics efficiency.
- What inspired you at the time and what influenced your choice?:A relentless search for a worthwhile field of work/study where I could make the difference for the next generations.
- How does it feel to be in the rail industry? Are your expectations fulfilled?:Not yet. I still have a long way to go to get where I want to be.
- What are the challenges?:In terms of Brazil: Historical burden: different gauges, highly degraded infrastructure, unprofitable lines, lack of skilled workers, among others.
- What is a talent? Why the rail industry should engage with talents?:Talent is… someone with passion to improve the current state of its working field. A person capable of achieving high goals with limited resources.