Qian Zi (UK)
Name:Qian Zi (UK)
- Job Title/Company:PhD student, NewRail, Newcastle University
- Qualifications:BEng, MEng
- Career:1 year Assistant Quantity Surveyor, Singapore; 1 year Research Assistant/ Associate Part-time at School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape, Newcastle University
- Why did you choose to work for the rail industry?:I have big interested with station design and safety of underground transport system.
- What inspired you at the time and what influenced your choice?:I was inspired by my supervisor who first introduced me to this topic. The transportation environment and safety to prevent accident and terrorist attack in underground space still have great potential for development.
- How does it feel to be in the rail industry? Are your expectations fulfilled?:The rail industry is still a rapidly developing industry and needs people with professional skills and competence in learning.
- What are the challenges?:The challenge from my perspective is how to introduce, implement and integrate more research to rail industry.
- What is a talent? Why the rail industry should engage with talents?:The talent from inherent is limited. The talent is the curiosity for knowledge and the consistency of enterprise.