UIC members’ cooperation helps ensure that every year around 50 participants interact with more than 40 high level speakers during a week-long session reviewing in detail all the components of a High-Speed Rail System. The training is aimed at decision-makers and is held every year divided in two different levels.
THSS Level II main objective is to provide in-depth and comprehensive insight into the High-Speed System (HSRS), to discuss and develop practical High-Speed projects. Visit strategic points on High Speed system and discuss them on-site will help to integrate.
Our speakers are all experts in the subjects addressed and are drawn mainly from railways, universities and industry. They represent all the countries and world regions with experience in the field of High Speed Rail System.
The program of the training has been specially designed by the UIC Intercity and High-Speed Committee. This group is composed by experts from all the companies and countries involved in HSR Systems as HS2, SNCF, DB, Trenitalia, FCH, FFE, IK, LISEA, EUROSTAR, THALYS, RENFE, ADIF, RZD, PKP, AMTRAK, Euskotren, KORAIL, JR, CR, CARS, THSRC, Trafikverket, FTA, TCDD, ONCF, FTA…
OBJECTIVES LEVEL I
- Give a global vision on HSR to experts on some particular elements of the system
- Provide managers with all the information needed to facilitate decision-making on the subject of HSR
- Definition on path/way to implement a HSR
- Foster exchanges of experiences and information about the latest developments in the field
TARGET AUDIENCE & CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
This program is aimed at professionals already involved in any of the processes of HSR or who intend to do so in the near future, whether working for railway companies or ministries, local authorities, universities, advisory bodies, agencies or associations: managers, strategy experts, decisionmakers, economists, banks, industry, engineers…
- The seminar is targeted at people who wish to be given a comprehensive overview of high speed systems
- Seminar participants need not have in-depth knowledge of any specific subject relating to high speed systems
- Attendance at all sessions is therefore mandatory
- Previous attendance to THSS Level I is recommended for Level II but not necessary
LECTURES AND TECHNICAL VISIT
Lectures and Technical Visits from 23 to 27 April 2018
Technical visit on the 28 April 2018 (More information coming soon)
THSS Level I main objective is to provide and accurate and comprehensive overview of High Speed Rail Systems (HSRS). It consists of a series of theoretical sessions and a technical visit to integrate.
The training program will contain the following components:
- Main principles of HSR
- The conventional network – The limits of conventional lines
- Description of HSR: in operation, under construction or planned in Europe and in other parts of the world
- Technical and administrative process required to build a new high-speed line (HSR Handbook)
- Basic aspects, elements and parameters of the infrastructure
- Superstructure: the track, the switchers…
- Signaling, protection and safety, ERTMS-ETCS systems, telecommunications
- HSR Rolling Stock main features
- Technology for traction
- Commercial requirements
- Certification, maintenance, economic aspects of HSR rolling stock
- Basic operations principles for high speed lines
- and high-speed trains
- The central control centers
- Operation with mixed traffic
- Environmental aspects – sustainability and energy for HSR
- Extreme natural conditions on HSR
- Safety and Security
- Trends in HSR station location and connections at the city
- Prospects for passenger traffic developments in Europe
- Ticketing strategy
- Traffic forecast studies – Modelling – Results
- Impact of a HSR project on mobility
- Case studies: experience with HSR in revenue service
Economic, financial and managerial aspects
- European policy
- Funding methods and ways and means of designing a high-speed project (conventional methods, with or without an agreement, concessions, PPP, etc.)
- Economic and financial analysis of HSR projects
- Legal aspects of HSR (at European level)
- Managerial aspects, staff management and training, Quality Label, image, communication, etc.
- HSR in the future – Research
Union Internationale des Chemins de Fer (UIC)
16 rue Jean Rey 75015 Paris (France) Tel. +33 144 49 20 20
RER C Station: Champs de Mars Tour Eiffel
Metro Line 6 Bir Hakeim
See Link to Metro Interactive Map
Coming from Orly Airport:
You can take the RER C suburb train in the direction of Pontoise or Versailles Château or Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines or Versailles Chantiers to Champs de Mars Tour Eiffel.
Or you can take the Orlyval (dedicated shuttle from Orly Airport) to Antony. Then, at Antony station, take the RER B in the direction of Aéroport Charles de Gaulle or Mitry-Claye, to Denfert Rochereau, then change to Metro line 6 (direct change) and continue in the direction of Charles de Gaulle Etoile until Bir Hakeim.
Coming from Roissy Charles De Gaulle Airport:
You can take the RER B suburb train in the direction of Saint-Rémy-lès-Chevreuse or Robinson to Denfert Rochereau, and change to Metro line 6 (direct change) in the direction of Charles de Gaulle Etoile and get off at Bir Hakeim.
Another option is the Le-Bus Direct line 2.
In the following hotels, there are UIC’s preferential rates for the training participants who reserve directly to the hotel.
– PDF – 344.1 kb
The training session will be held in English. However, other languages could be envisaging if enough participants of some language are registered.
PRICE LEVEL I 1600 €
PRICE LEVEL II 1600 €
PRICE LEVEL I + LEVEL II (30% discount) 2240 €
(Special fare for UIC – HSR members)
The organizer is in charges of the logistics for the training session.
Fee includes: all training sessions, full working documents, technical visits and lunches.
Not included: Travel to and from Paris, accommodation and dinners are not included.
Level II information:
By Bank Transfer
to International Union of Railways (UIC)
16, rue Jean Rey F75015 Paris, France
Please, indicate in your transfer “Training HSR 2018. Level I” or “Training HSR 2018. Level I + Level II”
NATIXIS Banques Populaires
30 Avenues Pierre Mendes France, F-75013 Paris France
IBAN Code : FR76 3000 7999 9904 0002 4400 043
SWIFT/BIC : NATXFRPPXXX